Six killed in terrorist attack on mosque in Quebec

In an attack on a mosque in the Canadian city of Quebec are Sunday evenings allow at least six people shot and several were injured.

Prime Minister Philippe Couillard of Quebec called the attack Monday a terrorist attack. Also Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau speaks in a statement of a terrorist act. "We condemn this terrorist attack on Muslims in a place of prayer and refuge."

Police have arrested two suspects, so confirms a spokesman. The police had the area around the mosque completely sectioned off and entered the mosque agents were armed to the hilt. After a pursuit they have one of the two offenders seized. The police later gave to that the situation was under control and that all further attendees had been brought to safety.



An eye-witness said multiple shooters during evening prayers opened fire on about forty people who were in the Islamic cultural center of Quebec City. According to Canadian media, there are also several wounded.

Prime Minister Trudeau spoke earlier via Twitter are horror about the attack. "Mourning all Canadians Tonight for those who have been killed in a cowardly attack on a mosque in Quebec City. My thoughts are with the victims and their families. "

The attack followed a day after Trudeau had said that Muslims in Canada are welcome if they are rejected in the US. President Trump has Friday for seven countries with mostly Muslim inhabitants a re-entry ban.