Marrakech: snake charmer killed by snake
Al Akhbar today reports the death of a 46-year-old snake charmer who died last Tuesday by the poison of a snake which has bitten him four weeks ago. The man was transferred to the emergency room of the Errazi hospital, where the doctors unsuccessfully tried to save him.
After this tragedy the rumor was spread that the Moroccan authorities snake charmers from the Jemaa El Fna square wants banned. But this turns out not to be the case. Al Akhbar recalled that international NGOs for the protection of animals still in favour of the ban on the operation of reptiles and other animals (for example, monkeys) by the entertainers from the Jemaa El Fna square.
The newspaper reports that this is not the first incident is with a snake bite on the Djemaa El Fna square. In april, there was still a European tourist on the victim of a snake that a snake charmer had wrapped around his neck. The victim, however, was happier this time, because he could leave the hospital after having received the necessary care.