Al Hoceima: 20 July demonstration banned by local authorities

The announced demonstration for this Thursday 20 July is prohibited by the local authorities in Al Hoceima, reports an official statement quoted by the Moroccan news agency MAP.

"The call for this event does not meet the statutory criteria", said a statement from the Prefecture of Al Hoceima.

"The local authorities have no explanation regarding this demonstration received".

"Those who have done the call do not have the legal status to organize such events".

"The Organization of this event brings the security of citizens and the summer season in the city at risk", the statement said.

When it comes to demonstrations the authorities have previously reported that it is imperative to make a statement to the authorities to be filed within a period of 3 to 15 days. The certificate should contain the identity of the organizers, the date, the duration and the route of the demonstration. According to the authorities is the purpose thereof to such events run smoothly.

morocco
al hoceima
demonstration
20 july
forbidden