Morocco: the headlines of last week
We put to you some headlines last week one by one. In particular Tangiers was often the scene of the news this week.
On Saturday 17 February took place there is a serious railway accident in Tangier. A freight train collided on a mini van, six dead and 14 wounded Azerbaijanis. King Mohammed VI has ordered the setting up of a Joint Committee of the Ministry of the Interior and the Ministry of transport and logistics. This will do extensive research and take all necessary legal and administrative measures against anyone who has failed.Â King Mohammed VI also takes all funeral costs and the hospital costs of the injured.
On Sunday 18 February we put for you at a glance what the new adopted Bill on combating harassment against women means.Â All forms of harassment against women, both at home and in the workplace and on the streets, are now punishable under the law. The penalties and fines are read here:
On Tuesday 20 February announced Uber Maroc to throw in the towel, three years after its launch.Â "The current uncertainty of the State regulations do not allow us to offer a safe and reliable experience that meets the requirements of our customers, both for drivers and passengers. As long as there is so no real reform and a favourable environment for new mobility solutions, we are forced to suspend our activities, starting from this week, "said the company in a statement.
On Wednesday 21 February BCIJ the security and intelligence service dismantled a new terreurcel, allied to Daesh, in Tangier. The cell consisted of 6 Daesh-trailer, between 22 and 42 years old.Â The suspects had made plans for attacks and wanted to seriously undermine the security and stability of Morocco
On February 21, we wrote about an angry mother-in-law, and her two sons, that her son-in-law had attacked on the street in Tangier. She used an axe and chopped the hand off of the son-in-law.Â The victim was evacuated to the intensive care unit in critical condition from the Mohammed V-Souissi hospital in Tangier and then to the hospital in Rabat. Here he underwent two operations, to his hand and on his head. It is not known how the US now with this young man.
On 22 February the Court ruled in Netherlands that Said c. not to Morocco should be extradited.Â The Court in Breda indicated: "there is a real danger that the person will get such a unfair trial, that the extradition must be refused".Â The Office of the region Zeeland West-Brabant confirmed on Saturday 24 February to appeal against the Court ruling.